Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Blog

So the other day I was reading the Sunday magazine (a little magazine that you get with the Sunday paper in New Zealand) and there was an article about a New Zealand woman who had taken a photo of herself every day for seven years. She had then kind of put them all together and every so often out them on display for the public.

There has been other more famous people who have done this, most noted in the article were Noah Kalina who started in 2000 and Jonathan Keller who started in 1997. These two men have become famous around the world for the standard straight on photos of themselves from every day of there life for a certain period of time.

I thought think this is a really cool idea, and with my eighteenth birthday coming up I’m thinking of making a blog with the same idea to it, I’ve just finished making it and all that is on it is a post saying what the blog will be when it reaches the date of my eighteenth birthday. I’m undecided on whether the photos will be a standard straight on picture or something a bit different. Jayne thinks I should go with something a bit different but I’m not sold on that as I think you have to be fairly sure of yourself to think up different poses to do each day without seeming vain.

Anyway I thought I’d do a post so that when it starts up at least a few people will know it’s there! I’ll leave a few links to the other peoples sites and then to my newly created blog – with the simple name – ‘my face each day’.

http://myfaceeachday.blogspot.com/

http://www.noahkalina.com/

http://www.c71123.com/daily_photo/

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Very cool idea. I think you should take 6 straight on ones and then 1 different each week. It'd get boring doing all straight on, and after awhile it'll get hard to find something different every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that.. It's something a bit different. May have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete