Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Big Day Out 2010

Well from the title you will have by now already figured out that this post will be about me and Jayne’s trip to Mt. Smart Stadium in Auckland for Big Day Out! It was my second year in a row and it was Jayne’s third some it’s becoming a bit of yearly even for us and hasn’t disappointed yet. Leading up to the main sets we wandered the stages and saw some bands that we thought might be good. Some of these were – Passion Pit, The Checks, The Horrors, Ladyhawke, Deju Vudoo, Jet and a few others that I can’t recall right now. They were all really good (except maybe Jet, because.. It was Jet), one of my favourites were The Horrors, I had only heard a couple of songs before then and seen them on the Boosh a few times, but I was still able to really get into them and have a ton of fun.

And then the big bands came on. We went to Dizzee Rascal and got in the D/end of the mosh pit which was pretty sweet, everyone knew his songs and were really getting into it. Next was Lily Allen where we just stood on the grassy area just past the D, she was cute and funny and Jayne loved it (I think?). Then Mars Volta (can’t say I like them) played and we just sat down and waited for Muse. Now I can’t say I’ve been a huge fan of Muse leading up to this concert, I’ve liked a few songs and know the words to a couple of others but nothing too special. But my god. They were amazing, they have been called the greatest live band on earth, and I can say that that is correct. They light show, screens and the great song choices totally made the whole day worth it and meant that I ended the night (like last year after Neil Young) on a total high.

Overall it was a freaking sweet day and I loved every minute of it (except when I lost Jayne for an hour or so..)

Peace

2 comments:

  1. Love reading stuff like that dude. glad you enjoyed the show! ET- BDO Akld event coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great event each year dude! Can't wait for next year

    ReplyDelete