Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Prayer

So the other night I went to an eighteenth birthday party for a friend and her friend who had turned eighteen a few months back but for some reason had not had a party (at least I think that's what the case was). I went with Jayne and caught up with a lot of friends which I haven't seen in ages because of work, school and me just being plain lazy (sorry!). While we were there though a song that I haven't heard in ages came on, that song was 'the prayer' by Bloc Party. When I first heard these guys I loved them and t just got better from there but lately I haven't really been listening to them because of all the new music I keep getting, but this song always really stood out for me because of the fantastic video clip it has. Basically it's the band being fairly mellow in this pub/club type of place, the camera follows the lead singer and some of the band around, but every so often what seems to be like litle embers are dropped onto the film of the video and it burns away to the saw image. But as it burns away you get both parts of the frame, one burnt the other not, and this causes like a really cool distorted kind of effect. It's one of my favourite videos and I'll leave a clip at the bottom or something, anyways, enjoy!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment